Total Pageviews

Monday, July 25, 2011

Birds on a Wire

I was eating lunch at Local Harvest in the Tower Grove Area and couldn't help but notice these windows they had hanging on the wall. They were old windows, the paint was chipping off they had old advertisements on them. They were hanging from a hook on the wall and I loved them. I found some windows at an antique store but they were $20 each. Not much for what I hoped would be a cool piece of art. My friend who lives in Benton Park found two of them in an alley near his place and grabbed them for me. They were exactly what I was looking for. I didn't repaint them or do much of anything except use a little windex to clean them off. I love love love birds so I found bird decals like the ones you'd put on a wall to use on the glass. I used old wire I found in my tool box and screws that have hooks on the end to hang it on the wall. I have another one similar with window panes I also made. This was one of the easiest projects I've done. It's unique and definitely my favorite!

1 comment: