Total Pageviews

Monday, July 11, 2011

Bookcase Turned Hutch

I had my eye out for a hutch for my dining room for some time now. Vintage, retro, yet girly was what I had in mind. I stumbled across this gem at Goodwill hidden in the corner. It was covered in crayon, finger smudges and an assortment of other questionable spots. I liked the color of it so I just wanted to repaint it. It's not an antique piece but I knew it would turn out just as I had envisioned it. I primed it white and used Krylon Ivory Semi Gloss paint. It is the color I use on most of my projects. I took off the beadboard on the back and spray painted it with Krylon Jade (I think that was the name of it). I thought it was nailed on, but it wasn't. It had about 100 staples in it. Well worth the work because I love the color.  I usually antique most of my projects with a brown glaze. You can find it at Home Depot and a little bottle of it will last a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment